Remove Trojan.FakeAlert

Another one this time. A Trojan that infected my laptop...Mr.Trojan.FakeAlert..Before even trying to fix it, I was little curious to know what this Trojan will do..

PC Tools gave a nice description for this threat.. It says

Trojan.FakeAlert will hijack the desktop background with an image alerting the user that their computer system has been infected with spyware. It also changes some settings of windows which include:- disabling permissions for the user to change the background image and setting the active desktop to 'show web content'. It is usually installed in conjunction with a rogue anti-spyware application.

And this is what exactly happened in my laptop as well. I was not able to do a right click and change the background image for my desktop. In fact, the task manager was also blocked. Frequent alert that your PC is in high risk or infected with Spyware..At time, when I tried a 'netstat' on my PC, I found a lot of network connections open. Balloon kind pop-up messages from the system tray in the form of icons. I was even not able to open some of the EXE files. The symptoms were almost matching and I decided to get rid of this Trojan.

A problem with this Trojan is that it copies itself to a lot of files so fast. I don't have any manual instructions to remove this. But the best way would be go with spyware doctor. A round of scanning with Spyware doctor ensured that this Trojan no longer exists in the PC. Spyware doctor had also helped me earlier to remove Virtumonde, Antivirus 2008 spyware and this one. The best anti-spyware to have..



No comments:

Post a Comment