Vitrumonde and automatic updates - fix

In my previous blog , I had described how my automatic updates were blocked due to Virtumonde. In order to fix Virtumonde, I tried scanning my laptop with the following softwares:

1) McAfee Antivirus / Antispyware -- McAfee always reported my PC to be free of any infection, even if I have one!

2) Webroot spysweeper :- Webroot spysweeper was able to detect the presence of Virtumonde;but it was not able to fix it completely.

3) Spybot :I'd earlier mentioned that Spybot fixed my problem.Sorry, I was wrong. It was still persisting after scanning and removing with Spybot.

Finally, I turned towards Spyware Doctor - the real doctor. It scanned and fixed the problem in a flash. So, I recommend using Spyware Doctor, to get rid of Virtumonde. It really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment